Would you like to join a rapidly growing and successful company?
Do you want to be a part of a team where customers say things like:
“I am amazed by how innovative this product is!”
Headquartered in Clifton, NJ, ClassLink is a leading education technology company serving schools around the world.
ClassLink empowers 16 million students and staff with instant access to a library of 6,000+ single sign-on apps from in the classroom or at home.
ClassLink Analytics provides essential usage data, so instructors can measure engagement and leaders can make informed purchasing and training decisions.
ClassLink Roster Server and OneSync use automation and open standards to make rostering and provisioning easier, more secure, and less time-consuming.
We are looking for a Deputy Director of Architecture and Infrastructure to work with our team to create award winning solutions for our clients.
This role will be responsible for leading the Architecture practice for ClassLink’s product offerings. You will inspire and work with a team of engineering leaders while also leading a team of high performing architects. The ideal candidate will bring a track record of building high-quality enterprise products, platforms, systems, and services that are highly extensible, reliable, secure, and performant at scale. Collaborate and partner with all the Infrastructure and Product leadership in the company to lead the strategy, planning, adoption and execution of the architectural roadmap and ensure alignment with Architectural best practices in an Agile manner. Be a thought leader regarding what is possible and how ClassLink can achieve it’s goals to influence primary, secondary, and college IT globally while meeting product goals. Ultimately, add business value and create competitive advantage for the business through effective and efficient execution of product and technical strategy. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer you will be part of a team delivering critical SSO, rostering, and analytical software products and with many more product plans on the horizon, all with the support of a strong core business.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have at least 10 years of professional software engineering experience and/or management.
- You are a self-starter, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Define and evolve the Architectural Strategy and Roadmap for ClassLink’s product offerings while ensuring that it is tightly aligned with the company’s business objectives.
- Define an Architectural Strategy that encompasses both the software and data architecture for all of the company’s product offerings.
- Implement Agile/Lean Architectural processes and practices.
- Research industry trends and their applicability to our platform and application architecture. Help innovate and differentiate ClassLink’s products from our competitors.
- Own the definition of key non-functional requirements (scalability, availability, maintenance, security, etc).
- Promote a positive work environment; train team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to inspire a high-performing team of architects to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
- Communicate, socialize and evangelize technology architecture direction to your team of architects and senior engineers as well as senior company leadership.
- Collaborating with Engineering & Product peers to analyze enterprise business context (business strategy and trends), as well as change requirements in current implementation to derive the technology architecture future state. This includes defining the requirements, principles and models that guide technology decisions for the entire company.
- Drive innovation by using innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base around AWS cloud, web, mobile, AI/ML, microservices, big data, and API-enabled platforms and products.
- Be responsible for the architectural analysis of the current product offerings and the legacy systems to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement and/or migration.
- Assist with crafting the Agile/Lean governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance.
Skills & Requirement
- Extensive experience in software engineering, data engineering, and leadership of engineering organizations including a significant leadership role driving the definition and implementation of an Enterprise-level Architectural Strategy and Roadmap for a mid-sized product organization.
- Experience leading in an Agile/Lean environment and experience with widely adopted Agile/Lean frameworks.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate software architectural engineering concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated history of hiring, developing, retaining and upgrading technical talent including the management of globally distributed teams.
- Experience with integrating with partner solutions and acquired technologies.
- Experienced at modernizing legacy systems including the technical and change management aspects that accompany transformative change.
- Deep expertise in modern data, AI/ML and AWS cloud technologies.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills, project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling, and resource management.
- A strong solution orientation with a penchant for not only identifying problems but also finding ways of solving them within typical business constraints.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve strategic goal
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This role is 100% remote eligible, with occasional quarterly strategy meetings
We are a team of passionate people striving to improve classroom learning.
We do this by making and delivering great products.
We also like to have fun along the way.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead