Product Support Specialist - Tier 1
Dates: June 1 (or earlier) to October 31
Headquartered in Clifton, NJ, ClassLink is a leading education technology company serving schools around the world.
We are looking for a Product Support Specialist to provide tier 1 ClassLink Product support for ClassLink customers and staff. This individual must be a self-starter and have general knowledge and analytical skills in information technology.
The Product Support Specialist provides the first level of support for customers. The Specialist will assume ownership of new incoming support cases and will follow through until the case has been closed. This role is perfect for anyone interested in collaborating closely with customers, with a strong aptitude for technical problem-solving, all to create worthwhile experiences.
At ClassLink you will:
- Troubleshoot customer problems and answer questions via email, phone, & remote sessions
- Identify steps to reproduce technical issues arising on the ClassLink platform & document accurately for the development team
- Properly escalate items that require tier 2 and above support.
- Work with internal teams, coordinating and communicating in order to resolve customer issues
- Identify opportunities to promote customer self-service and reduce future inbound case volume
- Support SSO application configuration items for customers as needed
- Guide and coach new users who might be unfamiliar with our platform
What We’re Looking For:
- Associates or B.S. degree preferred
- 1+ years working in Product Support, Implementation, On-Boarding, Customer Success, or relevant field. SaaS preferred.
- Aptitude for software troubleshooting
- Ability to empathize with users and quickly grasp the issues they’re facing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and multitask (e.g. chatting with a customer while researching issues or reviewing documentation)
- Aptitude for acquiring skills in existing and new products and an eagerness to learn and stay up-to-date on your own
- Ability to synthesize complex technologies into simple and digestible steps
- Strong communication skills that strike an appropriate balance between clarity, brevity, and compassion
- Love working with people and a genuine desire to help our customers work faster with ClassLink
- Exposure to Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and server environments including experience in Active Directory, Group Policy
- Exposure to relational databases
- Exposure to HTML/CSS website creation and management