ClassLink, a leading cloud-based education solution provider headquartered in the US, is looking for a UK Sales Manager to sell ClassLink while working with our partner, Odyssey Education, in the UK.
As UK Sales Manager for the ClassLink brand, you will take ownership of a unique software solution with massive potential for the education market; whilst benefiting from sole distribution in the UK. As the sales expert of this software you will be the single point of contact for all customers looking at this type of solution, driving a successful business unit.
*Note: This role does not include UK sponsorship or relocation. Candidates must be UK citizens to apply.
- Build the ClassLink brand in the UK, while driving and managing sales activity.
- Establish / Build relationships with senior leadership in UK schools and higher education institutions
- Reach or exceed quarterly or annual sales targets.
- Represent ClassLink at events in the UK, the US and sometimes in other locations.
- Work to achieve set targets and KPIs
- Report into Director/VP level, you will be responsible for developing a sales strategy and reporting back to the business in a clear and concise manner.
- Act as the product specialist for ClassLink and as a dedicated resource within Odyssey Education – with a keen interest in both sales and technical spheres.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Hunting for business and generating leads
- Taking part in Cold and Warm call outs
- Co-ordinating and providing online customer technical demonstrations
- Co-ordinating and attending on-site customer meetings and internal reports
- Prepare and deliver email campaigns, working alongside marketing departments
- Attend and take part in national exhibitions to promote the product
- Taking part in other networking sessions, e.g. lunch and learns.
- Working diligently to close opportunities and transition these to the EdSuccess/Onboarding team and attending weekly online meetings to ensure complete satisfaction of all customers in the future.
Required Experience / Skillset:
- Experience selling an education technology solution in the UK to either schools or higher education institutions.
- A natural hunter. Instinctively knows what needs to be done to close a sale and makes it happen.
- Experience working with a CRM, preferably SalesForce.
- Self-driven, motivated, resourceful with a high degree of professionalism.
- Have the ability to engage positively with decision makers and quickly build trust and rapport.
- Current contacts in schools or institutions in the UK.
- Well versed in the consultative approach to selling.
- Strong (verbal and written) communication skills with an ability to build relationships.
- Effective presentation and negotiation skills.
- High degree of professionalism and self-motivation.
Optional background a plus:
- Experience selling a cloud-based education technology solution in the UK to either schools or higher education institutions.
- Current contacts with leadership or IT leadership at schools or institutions in the UK
- Experience selling over the phone as well as in person.
- Experience working with or for another US software organization.
Salary £30,000 - £40,000
We are looking for an immediate start but are willing to wait for the right candidate.
Founded in 1998, ClassLink’s mission is to remove barriers between students and impactful education content. Educators, students, administrators, IT staff, and even parents use our solution to ensure learning opportunities are never lost, and schools thrive.
As a company dedicated to education, ClassLink creates more time for learning, improves access to digital resources, and simplifies rostering and account provisioning. Education leaders use our Analytics to better understand technology usage and make informed purchasing and training decisions.
A reliable partner for districts and school systems around the world, ClassLink empowers educators and makes access easy, so you can give students the best education possible
About Odyssey Education:
Established in 2015, Odyssey are a fast-growing value-added IT products & services provider specializing in education. We have a passion for innovative technology and great customer service. Odyssey Education partner with industry and world leading technology manufacturers and developers.