Headquartered in Clifton, NJ, ClassLink is a leading education technology company serving schools around the world. We are looking for a Security Engineer to work closely with our development team to build security tests for our award- winning cloud-based technology solutions. Do you want to be a part of a team where customers say things like: “I am amazed by how innovative this product is!”?
This can be remote or located in our Clifton, NJ office.
Security Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, execute and track the performance of security measures to protect ClassLink's information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
- Analyze, and design computer security strategy and engineer comprehensive cybersecurity architecture.
- Identify, define and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management.
- Report possible threats or software issues
- Test company software, firmware and firewalls
- Research weaknesses and find ways to counter them
- Find cost-effective solutions to cybersecurity problems
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware.
- Install software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
- Respond to system and/or network security breaches
- Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures.
- Plan, develop, implement and update company’s information security strategy.
- Educate and train staff on information system security best practices.
- Participate in change control operations; develop best practices and security standards for ClassLink
Qualifications for Security Engineer
- Familiar with various types of authentication systems including, Azure, Active Directory, Multi-factor Authentication, Google, SAML, Oauth, LDAP
- Degree in computer science, information technology, systems engineering or a related qualification
- Experience with firewalls, routers, intrusion detection systems and intrusion prevention systems.
- Be able to build your own scripts and tools to be a formidable opponent for anyone that tries to gain unlawful access to ClassLink networks.
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, CEH or CISM desired
- An understanding of best practices and how to implement them at a business-wide level
- At least 2 years' experience in the cybersecurity industry
- Public Trust security clearance, or a willingness to obtain one
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems as they arise
- Basic coding skills, such as HTML, CSS and other languages
- Node or Angular preferred
We are a team of passionate people striving to help improve classroom learning.
We do this by making and delivering great products.
We also like the have fun along the way.
Please go to www.ClassLink.com if you want to learn more.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead